IGNOU MSO 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGIES AND METHODS guess paper check Here
Important Questions of MS0-02 : RESEARCH METHODOLOGIES AND METHODS
1. What is a case study ? Explain its use in social research.
2. Compare the Participatory Rural Appraisal
(PRA) and the Rapid Rural Appraisal (RRA)
techniques used in research.
3. Outline the types of reliability of data as
discussed by Kirk and Miller.
4. Critically examine the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in social
5. Distinguish between inductive and deductive
forms of logic. Provide suitable examples.
6. Is sociology a science ? Discuss critically.
7. What is empirical approach ? Explain with
8. Define and discuss epistemology of sociology.
9. Describe the historical context of comparative method and its use in sociology.
10. Discuss advantages and weaknesses of survey method of social research.
11. What are the different types of survey
techniques ? Discuss at least one of them with
12. Explain ethnography with example.
13. Critically examine the Case Study Method using suitable examples.
14. In what ways can internet help us in conducting research ? Explain.
15. Critically discuss some of the ethical considerations in qualitative research.
16. Delineate the difference between common sense and sociology.
17. Compare and contrast phenomenology and hermeneutics.
18. Explain survey research and point out its
advantages and weaknesses.
19. Outline the steps in testing a hypothesis.
20. Discuss the historical method in social research.