Welcome to Kashmir News, In this post we will give you Complete information about Kashmir University 4th Semester Botany Study Material
Kashmir University 4th Semester Botany Study Material
Check Syallabus first
PLANT-WATER RELATIONS AND TRANSPORT (Lectures-16)
1. Plant Water Relations: water potential and its components; Transpiration and its
significance; Factors affecting transpiration; Ascent of Sap, Pressure flow model;
Phloem loading and unloading.
2. Mineral nutrition: Essential elements, macro and micronutrients; Criteria of
essentiality of elements; Role of essential elements; Transport of ions across cell
membrane, active and passive transport.
UNIT II: PHOTOSYNTHESIS AND RESPIRATION (Lectures-16)
1. Photosynthesis: Photosynthetic Pigments (Chl-a, Chl-b, xanthophylls, carotene);
light harvest complexes, Photosystem I and II, Electron transport and mechanism of
ATP synthesis; C3, C4 and CAM pathways of carbon fixation; Photorespiration.
2. Respiration: Glycolysis, anaerobic respiration, TCA cycle; Electron Transport
system and Oxidative phosphorylation.
UNIT III: ENZYMES AND NITROGEN METABOLISM (Lectures-14)
1. Enzymes: Structure, Classification and properties; Mechanism of enzyme action and
2. Nitrogen metabolism: concept of symbiotic and asymbiotic associations, Biological
nitrogen fixation; Nitrate and ammonia assimilation.
UNIT IV: PLANT GROWTH AND RESPONSE (Lectures-14)
1. Plant growth regulators: Discovery and physiological roles of auxins, gibberellins,
cytokinins, ABA and ethylene.
2. Plant response to light and temperature:Photoperiodism (SDPs, LDPs, Day
neutral plants); Phytochrome (discovery and structure), red and far red light
responses on photomorphogenesis; Vernalization.
Thank you for visiting Kashmir News, after Reading this post Kashmir University 4th Semester Botany Study Material on Kashmir News if you have any doubt or any question don’t hesitate to comment below, we will try to answer all the comments. We Hope You enjoyed Reading this Post As Much As We enjoyed writing it For You. Share With Your Friends To Show your Love. For more updates keep visiting Kashmirnews.live.